Biobased USA, 805 Cottage Hill Way, Brandon, FL 33511
800 995-9203, 336 306-0193, Email: donwilshe@biobased.us
Emails can go to spam, Please call me, We are available 7 days week EST 10AM to 10PM!

Transpiration Natures Water Pump

Transpiration is the process by which moisture is carried through plants from roots to small pores on the underside of leaves, where it changes to vapor and is released to the atmosphere. Transpiration is essentially evaporation of water from plant leaves that comes from the ground. Now a plant could be a rose bush or a 300 foot redwood in California. The process of osmosis and transpiration will pump the water out of the soils.

I just created this page and I have alot left to add. So I wanted to tell you a story I only learned a few days ago from a farmer that called me about how he was able to salvage a flooded field at some depth of water. He had a tobacco crop and he had alot of rain cover his crop fields. Now you can't get a tractor into a watered muddy field. So he got the idea, "why don't I see if I can make these Tobacco plants use Transpiration to pump the water out of the ground." As you may or may not know, as I didn't, the plant only uses 5% of the water, that passes through the plant, and all of its water comes from the ground. The other 95% of the H20 it throws away and or uses the H20 to get the 5% of the water it needs. So, he essentially wanted to take all his tobacco plants and use them like pumps to evaporate the water into the air. Now it does make you think, if a plant only uses 5% of the water, really how much water does a plant really need. So, he only had access to a back pack sprayer and not aerial spraying. Lucky for him he did not have a large field probably only 20 acres or so. But he had to spray each plant to excite it using the combination of the tobacco plants and soysoap to pump enough water out of the soil to provide a harvest for the farmer. Sounds Crazy, But not anymore than what I usually tell you! Now possibly if a farmer had a large field and could aerial spray he might be able to use this same technique to save other crops!




Copyright © 2008-2016 BioBased.US - All content including, without limitation, text, images, media files, videos, software, and source code is subject to copyright protection and may not be used except with the written permission.